Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend Goals recap

Here I am to recap my progress on this weekend's goals. My main goal was to input all the revisions that JP has made on WIP. So far he's read about 2/3 of WIP and I've put in all the minor changes (word choice, misspellings, grammar, etc). I didn't make any substantive changes because I'm waiting to hear back from my beta readers first. But already I can see there's a section that will need a little bit of attention. Nothing big, but a little changing around perhaps. Fingers crossed my beta readers like it! :)

I also spent Saturday surfing the internet for articles on querying and drafting the synopsis. I think that's one of my ways to procrastinate: read as many articles/blogs as I can on point. There's some great stuff out there, but ultimately you just have to suck it up and sit down and write. So I drafted a basic synopsis that I'll have to put aside for a while before editing and put a query letter together (thank goodness for the help of wonderful friends like Diana!) I've done some preliminary agent research so now it's just time to start putting everything together and polishing. Eep!

All in all it was a great weekend. I guess the next step is to start thinking about what I want to write next. Now that is a scary thought!

How was everyone else's weekend?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Carrie! Thanks for your encouragement yesterday — I didn't hit 25,000, but I did axe 1,000 deadbeat words and finish a scene, so I consider that a victory.

I think you're right about posting your goals. It made me feel more accountable and I definitely need that.