Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The End of an Era -- goodbye Amy!!

Hey Y'all!!  Tap & Gown is out today!! HOORAAAAYYY!!  I've been so excited about this day for a long time because I get to run to the bookstore and re-read the final installment in Diana Peterfreund's Secret Society Girl Series!  I'm usually not a fan of re-reading but I honestly love to re-read Diana's books. Part of that is because, as one of her critique partners, I read the drafts in chunks and love to be able to sit down and peruse the whole thing in one final sitting.  But the other reason is because I'm just flat out a fan of her writing.  Amy is a fantastically clever and smart character and I find myself giggling and falling in love with her every time I read a book in the series.  Also, I dig the romance and suspense!

I know it's a crazy day for Diana, having the final book of her first series out, but it also pretty fun for me too (hey, that's the best part of being friends -- I get to live vicariously!).  As most of y'all probably know, I've been a fan of Diana's for a long time.  When I was getting back into writing in 2006 hers was one of the first blogs I started following.  And no lie: I wanted to be like her when I grew up!  I can honestly say that I wouldn't be where I am now if not for Diana -- for her encouragement, her friendship and aid in navigating the book world, and just for being a dang good friend.  Thanks Diana :)

So a HUGE congrats to Diana for the final act in her series -- it's brilliant!  And I know that all her Amy fans are going to TOTALLY love Astrid!!!

And for fans of the series, Diana has an awesome series of posts that are dossiers of the characters on her blog.  There's also a great fan video for the series on the fansite here.  Go forth, buy the book, buy the series and read -- you won't be sorry!!

2 comments:

Trish said...

I got hooked on the SSG series when UTR arrived as an ARC at the B&N where I work. It looked good, but I couldn't read it without reading the first one, right? I bought SSG, read them both in no time flat, and then nearly DIED waiting for ROS(B)! I work the late shift tonight, so you can bet I'll be grabbing up T&G. And maybe even sneaking a peek at it whenever I'm not busy. (But you didn't hear that from me!)

Alix said...

T&G was such a perfect end to the series but I'm sad it's over.